Stiphodon Atropurpureus (Blue Neon Gobi)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody.
I am interesting buy this fish, so far I can't find too many information about them. Maybe somebody have Stiphodon Atropurpureus in your tank and can give me more information about this fish? What kind of algae eat SA? He eat algae from glass too? This fish like live in groups or one or two fish in tank? SA can live in community tank?

This is a cool looking species. I haven't heard of them in particular so I had to google them and pulled up this profile Stiphodon atropurpureus (Blue Neon Goby) — Seriously Fish

Hopefully someone has some info on them, their behavior according to that site is very reminiscent of native darter species here. Are you buying them local or online?

Thanks, I was find this www too. I hope buy this fish in local Petland store. The manager promise me order this fish.

Petland on davis hwy?

Yes, I'm talking about this store. So far I don't have very good experience with communication with the manager in Petland. I left him a message many times and he never call me back. Two weeks ago I was talking him face to face and nothing change, I don't see this fish in store. I must meet him again maybe on Tuesday next week when he doing order of freshwater fish.
I am never ordered fish online. Shipping costs always scars me.
Maybe you have idea where I can buy some of Stiphodon? Second fish what I'm looking for is Clown Killifish. I can't find bought this fish in stores in Pensacola and don't see this fish for sale online too :(

This fish is on my fish to get someday list. I think every one who does not have one but has seen one would have the desire I have.

I ordered Stiphodon atropurpureus in my local Petland. On Wednesday this fish arrived to the store and now eight of them swimming in my tanks. This is really cool fish. I am very happy.

Back
Top Bottom