Stock for summer tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coalcut

Aquarium Advice Activist
This summer (maybe even late spring) I'll be upgrading to a 300+ gallon tank (from a 115g). Will the following stock work together:

Pacu
Clown Knife
Black ghost Knife
Flower Horn
Arowanas

-Also-

Which of my current stock if any will I be able to transfer over?

Here's my current stock:
1 common pleco
2 blood parrot
6 angels
4 clown loachs
1 red fin shark
6 ruby barbs
1 black ghost knife
2 Red Hook Silver Dollars (new)

The knifes and arrowana would work together maybe, the pacu just get huge, a 300 look small very fast but you would probably be doing the pacu a favor since someone else would probably buy it and put it in a 55 gal lol. It happens alot. A flowerhorn might be fine with other fish and maybe not, you never know with those guys. A 300 should be enough space if you dont overcrowd a flowerhorn to control aggression but you really cant trust them. Your other stock should be fine unless they can fit in the mouth of your larger fish.

Thanks for the replies. If I add the new additions I listed I'll get a 300 long (96 x 24 x 31). If I add more of my current stock I'll get a 48x48x30 cube.

Yeah, I love the look of the flower horn but. I've also heard that they are very aggressive toward other fish or even someone placing a hand into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom