Stock list advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Home from college and looking to add more fish to my 40 gal planted tank I stopped by to do water changes but haven't added any. I'm at:
1 Congo tetras
8 cardinal tetras
4 rummy nose tetras
3 lemon tetras

What I want to do:
4-5 Congo tetras
10 cardinals tetras
10 rummy nose tetras
3 lemon tetras
5 bleeding heart tetras

What do you guys think?

I think that is alot of tetras :p. You want anything for the bottom or what would you like to do?

I few pygmy cories would be good for the south american biotope. By the way congo tetras are african fish.

Just get a couple ghost shrimp to your bottom can't hurt. And wait do all different kinds of tetras school ? If so that's what I'm doing with my 26 bowfront .

I think ill get amano shrimp and one bamboo shrimp I have a piece if driftwood that sits right under the filter that'd be a good spot for it. And no I was speaking about how each group of tetras school but they still get along great.

That's 33 tetras in a 40 gallon. I would not add the bleeding hearts, and drop the rummy nose and cardinals to 8 each and then do a school of corrupt cats. Cories are one of the more prolific fish in SA, along with tetras. In my opinion the middle/top of the tank would be way to congested with 33 tetras.

Back
Top Bottom