Stock list double check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jespenguin

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my 55 is up cycled and running for almost 2 months. I think I have a good stock list but I like to err on the cautious side.

So far I have:
5 black kuhli loaches
2 male guppies
5 neon tetras
2 black skirt long finned tetras
2 white skirt long finned tetras

The final plan is:
5 black kuhlis
3 male guppies (i really want a blue one:) )
15 neon tetras
1 angelfish (baby size)
2 ram cichlids (either German blue or Bolivian the LFS changes biweekly)
And here's where idk:
Option 1:
6 white skirts and 6 blacks
Or......
Option 2:
3 white skirts 3 black skirts & 5 hatchet fish

Aqadvisor says that the skirted tetras may fin nip if kept in groups if 6, so I didn't know it I should have 6 of each white and black, or if 6 total would suffice. I really like hatchet fish. It puts me around 90%. I'd also like to add I'm really good at my PWC and I do around 30-40% depending on my mood. Also, this is going to be spread out, I found a good system 2 weeks in a row I buy plants decorations etc, then the next week 2-4 fish. Keeps it fresh lol Any input or suggestions are always openly welcomed.

Looks like a good list to me. I don't really know about the skirt tetras, but I like hatchets as well, so I'd go with option 2.

Well my plan is add that last, and get a tiny one. I've researched them and found that people who get small ones have better luck. But if it's too fiesty ill return it, I love my little 40 cent neons:)

jespenguin said:
Well my plan is add that last, and get a tiny one. I've researched them and found that people who get small ones have better luck. But if it's too fiesty ill return it, I love my little 40 cent neons:)

Yeah, I think it will be fine as long as you are patient. I would let your Neons grow out, they get a bit over an inch, and then add a small Angel Fish. That would be fine, then.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom