Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stock List for 75Gallon Planted

I am creating a 75 gallon tank with very heavy vegitation, with a drift wood center piece. My fish will be stocked slowly 4-5 at a time.

10 Neon Tettras
10 Guppies
4x German Blue Rams (2x Pair) <--- Will get theses after my tank is well astablished, Thinking about 2-3 months after i set it up (Tell me what you think of this)
3x Dwarf Gourmies (Not sure on 2x Males 1x Female or 2x Females 1x Male)
4-5 Zebra Loaches

Give me your thoughts

Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs
I am creating a 75 gallon tank with very heavy vegitation, with a drift wood center piece. My fish will be stocked slowly 4-5 at a time. This is a work in progress and currently have 9 Guppies in my 10 gallon.

15 Neon Tettras
20 Guppies 7x Male 13x Feamale
3x Angel Fish
3x Dwarf Gourmies

Trying to decide on what Pleco to get thinking about maybe getting 2x Mega Clown Plecos to help controle algea, but I would really like some other ideas of cool looking Plecos that would do well in my tank, I dont want ones that get to big that will rip my plants apart.

Also trying to decide if I should get a few Loaches or a puffer fish to controle my Snail issue I am sure ill end up having. my thought is that ill have a bunch of snail shells all over my tank if i use the loaches but the puffer breaks the shell when it eats the snails so this way I wont have shells all over.

Give me your thoughts
Maybe a different tetra? The neons could be eaten. You could try to devoid this by adding the angels last with full grown tetras but it doesn't mean they won't.

Personally I like BN plecos. All up to you though

If you have a snail problem an assassin snail will get rid of all of them.

That's quite a lot of guppies...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsbro1997 View Post
Maybe a different tetra? The neons could be eaten. You could try to devoid this by adding the angels last with full grown tetras but it doesn't mean they won't.

Personally I like BN plecos. All up to you though

I may do Jumbo Neon tetras? they would get big enough i would think, or maybe i could just try and get some full grown Neons from my lfs

If you have a snail problem an assassin snail will get rid of all of them.

That's quite a lot of guppies...
well thats max on the guppies, I am planning on just having 9 and letting them have fry in my 10 gallon and pick out a few select ones for my tank and the rest I will be supplying to a lfs

it really depends on what pleco/snail solver i end up with on how many guppies i have. i would really like Loaches or a puffer just in general.

maybe ill get a Vampire Pleco they are really cool.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

3 angelfish is a bad number.
Keep them either solo, breeding pairs, or, 4 or more.

why so many guppies? They will overrun your tank!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble_B0y View Post
3 angelfish is a bad number.
Keep them either solo, breeding pairs, or, 4 or more.

why so many guppies? They will overrun your tank!
Like i said im not planning on this many honestly ill have less then this. and i guess ill have 4 and cut my guppies down, so I should have 2 Males 2 Females
Old 08-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs View Post
Like i said im not planning on this many honestly ill have less then this. and i guess ill have 4 and cut my guppies down, so I should have 2 Males 2 Females
unless you purchase established breeding pairs from the LFS, it will be difficult to sex the angelfish.
Your best bet will be to purchase 4 angelfish (all the same size) and let them pair off on their own.

But to answer your question, it doesn't really matter what sexes the 4 angelfish are, just as long as there is more than three!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I noticed you are also interested in 3 dwarf gouramis.

Sex is important with gouramis - males can become very territorial (they are related to bettas).

You should be fine, since you have a large tank and plan to have lots of vegetation/driftwood.
I just recommend at least one female in that group -Keep the males on their toes
Old 08-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble_B0y View Post
I noticed you are also interested in 3 dwarf gouramis.

Sex is important with gouramis - males can become very territorial (they are related to bettas).

You should be fine, since you have a large tank and plan to have lots of vegetation/driftwood.
I just recommend at least one female in that group -Keep the males on their toes
yeah i planned on doing 2 males 1 female, I am just unsure on how to sex them so im hoping the guys at my lfs know how.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs View Post
it really depends on what pleco/snail solver i end up with on how many guppies i have. i would really like Loaches or a puffer just in general.
A puffer will destroy your community.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Get loaches they do best in groups of 4 or more. Puffers aren't community fish.

Tags
5 gallon, 75g, 75gal, 75gallon, plant, planted, stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com