Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stock my 5 gallon!

I have a 5 gallon that will be decorated with rocks and some pothos vine roots hanging in the tank. (plus duckweed) What fish would look cool in that setup? I kinda want something that lurks in the roots and looks mean lol Any suggestions?
Thanks and God bless!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

In a 5 gallon you are very limited also do you have a heater and filter. I would just do a male crowntail betta they look awesome. Also I would add 2 African dwarf frogs. Or you could do a betta and 10 ghost shrimp and a few Malaysian trumpet snails or nerite snails. Also a few shrimp may get eaten also watch for any aggression from the betta.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh7 View Post
In a 5 gallon you are very limited also do you have a heater and filter. I would just do a male crowntail betta they look awesome. Also I would add 2 African dwarf frogs. Or you could do a betta and 10 ghost shrimp and a few Malaysian trumpet snails or nerite snails. Also a few shrimp may get eaten also watch for any aggression from the betta.
I have both a heater and a filter. I want to see what other option there are besides a betta. The water has to much flow for one anyway....
Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Shrimp that tank!!

Get some flowing DW an some mosses, some low light plants (java fern, Anubias) and maybe some floating plants (not sure on the best for that tank)

Then take thousands of pics for me :P
Old 03-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Or else you could do micro fish such as celestial pearl danios and dwarf rasboras look nice with shrimp to
Old 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh7
Or else you could do micro fish such as celestial pearl danios and dwarf rasboras look nice with shrimp to
Be a Shrimp Farmer Grow some RCS and after you have a lot and plenty of plants add a Scarlet Badis. Tiny predator. Will pick off new born Shrimp but mine doesn't bother adults.

Mine is my Avatar.

Or Micro Rasboras or CPDs as was suggested.

Or a CPO. My Cray is nice . Just not with Shrimp, mine is in with my bigger fish, Cherry Barbs n Harl. Rasboras.
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post
I kinda want something that lurks in the roots and looks mean
Just about any fish put into a 5 gallon is probably going to look pretty mean.....

I vote for red cherry shrimp!
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmmm..... So what do yall think would look good with the dull setup? It will have no plants but a anubias maybe. So rocks roots and sand. Which fish would match that best?

Tags
5 gallon, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com