Stock Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 110 planted that is very healthy and stable. I was wondering if i could fit some angle (or maybe some discus but i dont think so) into it.

So far i have:

15 - Rummy Nose
6 - Corys
6 - Otos
5 - Silver Mollys
3 - Dojo Loach
1 - Clown Pleco

I'm think about adding ~5 Angels. I currently run a Eheim pro 4 for 160g and the temp sits around 74 with a ~7.2 pH

Thanks for any advice

Certainly you can add Angels, but Discus look their best in a large planted tank. If you decide Discus, have to keep them in very warm water, 82 - 84 degrees, and have to keep the tank exceptionally clean. Probably two large WC's a week. Need to research your current fish and plants to determine which can take the heat, or might be too aggressive.
With Angels, none of the above listed hassels.

That’s what I figured, one day I’ll get a discus tank! My concern was about overstocking, do you think I could get 5 or 7 (I like odd number schools) angels in the tank?

In a 110 gal. Tank, either odd number should be fine. Although rummy nose tetras are fast swimmers, be prepared for an occasional loss due to adult Angel predadation. I have kept Rummy nose. They are one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom