Stocking 10G!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My friend wants me to stock his 10G he got it cycled and he will pay me :D. Wanting some sort community. Platys? Bala shark?

Bala shark needs a minimum 90 gallon, platys he should be doing water changes every 2 to 3 days do to their heavy bio load. I have 4 platys in my ten and I do changes wert 3 days at about 25 to 30%

Chronos313 said:
Bala shark needs a minimum 90 gallon, platys he should be doing water changes every 2 to 3 days do to their heavy bio load. I have 4 platys in my ten and I do changes wert 3 days at about 25 to 30%

Any kind of "shark" that will fit in 10G? I know he likes them. I knew mollies had big bioload but never platys. 1 male red wag Platy with 3 fry red wag and 1 guppy? Sound like good stock? If not make suggestions :)

All sharks are territorial and if you were to keep one in that small, that'd have to be the only fish or he'll bully your others to death. But even so, lots of sharks grow huge and need lots of pace because they are very active. Red tail or rainbow sharks can be 5 inches, but are still in need of space!

You could do some Pygmy cories, cardinal or neon tetras and 1 dwarf gourami with pwc's every 3 days. If he had a 30 long or a 25 long he could do a red tail shark. But even that's pushing it.

Chronos313 said:
You could do some Pygmy cories, cardinal or neon tetras and 1 dwarf gourami with pwc's every 3 days. If he had a 30 long or a 25 long he could do a red tail shark. But even that's pushing it.

Just wondering cost for the fish?? Just because need to give estimate to friend :) sounds good though ":)

Depends on where u live. I'm in Canada so I can't really give u a good estimate but I'm ball parking 2-3 bucks for each neon, 3-5 for each Cory and 4-6 for each platy

Chronos313 said:
Depends on where u live. I'm in Canada so I can't really give u a good estimate but I'm ball parking 2-3 bucks for each neon, 3-5 for each Cory and 4-6 for each platy

Cool thanks :) will neons or anyone eat small couple month old platys fry??

Neons I'm not sure. I know my red eyes did right in front of me as I was getting ready for work :( but my ten gallon is dedicated to breeding now

I vote for a nano community! 6 corydoras habrosus for the bottom, a small schooler like ember tetras(6-8), chili rasbora(8-12), or microdevario kubotai(7-10), and for centerpiece fish 2 or 3 sparkling gourami or scarlet badis.

Panda cories need a tank with a larger footprint like that of a 20H, and green/albino/lazers need even larger like 20L or 29. Red tail sharks need 55 gals bare minimum.

siva said:
I vote for a nano community! 6 corydoras habrosus for the bottom, a small schooler like ember tetras(6-8), chili rasbora(8-12), or microdevario kubotai (7-10), and for centerpiece fish 2 or 3 sparkling gourami or scarlet badis.

Panda cories need a tank with a larger footprint like that of a 20H, and green/albino/lazers need even larger like 20L or 29.

Sounds cool :)I will ask him and see what all he likes.

Chronos313 said:
A nice change may be a galaxy rasbora say 6 to 10

Cool fish!!! Any snails be ok? Java fern good? I don't know if he wants it planted.

Avoid mystery/apple snails. Common "pest" snails are fine. 2 nerite snails would be fine.

Could look into grasslike plants. I'm trying amazon frogbit which is a floating plant

Yay I got my plants all picked out and most fish:D I'll try to find some nerites snails around can't really ship since I don't want it to be expensive and not for me :/

Great plants for fry to hide in are java moss, hornwort, and pennywort.

Back
Top Bottom