Stocking 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wanted some input on stocking my new 125 gallon tank. Currently have a 75 that I am upgrading. This is what I have in there so far:

Black Ghost Knife (7 inches)
Gold Severum (5 inches)
Red Tailed Shark (3 inches)
2 Rope Fish (5 inches long each)
Gold Nugget Pleco (3-4 inches)

Everyone gets along...here and there they chase each other around. I like getting odd ball, different type of fish rather than the run of the mill stuff.

However, I do want to get some that come out during the day. Most of them hide all day long. I plan on going to a huge freshwater only store in Portland (The Wet Spot) when I decide what I want. This place is HUGE.

Couple of other questions. Can you put more that one Pleco in the this size tank ? Most of what I read says don't put more than one in if you have a Gold Nugget. Standard 125. 72x18x21 I think.

Thanks !

Not a pleco expert here. But if you give each gold nugget it's own driftwood and plenty of hiding spots, you should be ok.

I was actually thinking of getting a different type of pleco...not sure what...not another gold nugget though....unless I found a super cool looking one. The one I have its spots are really small....I would like one with giant gold spots. But took me a couple months just to find this one.

Back
Top Bottom