stocking ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok here is my question what fish to keep. I recently bought 6 sparkling goramies and really love they, my problem is they hid all the time because of some of my other fish so I can trade fish at my lfs but which ones. here is my current stock list.
4 lg clown loaches
3 lg flying foxes
5 red sarpea tetras
6 red blue columbian tetras
6 neons
6 von rio tetras
2 hatchet
2 pearl goramies
6 pristella (sp) tetras
1 blood fin tetra
8 amono shrimp
2 clown plecos
1 bn pleco.
I alread pretty much have decided to take the columbians back, but what else.

What size is your tank? If it's below a 100g I would also tale back the clown loaches as the can grown to 16". The flying foxes can reach 6.5" each. As for your other fish I would need to know the size of your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Well you have a large enough tank so I think whatever you want to bring back you can and whatever you want to keep you can do that too : )

I am asking because someone told me earlier that the sparkling goramies will not survive in my tank because of some of my other fish but never said which ones...

They might have been referring to the tetras they can be semi aggressive at time but I have had them now and in the past and they keep to themselves. I guess it's the fish. Are they all in the tank now?

Aqadvisor.com is really good at identifying what fish would go with others. Just put in all your information about the tank and the fish you have along with the amount and it will tell you what's good bad or groups they need to be in. It works well. Hope this helps

The simple solution would be to set up a smaller tank for the sparkling gourami's. Some floating plants like frogbit or even duckweed and an air-driven sponge filter would suit them quite well.

they are all in the tank now but they are always hiding in the plants. I wish I could set up a new tank but hubby would freak, he is not to fond of my as he calls it "money pit" lol.
Thanks you guys/gals

Back
Top Bottom