stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is 12g big enough for a pair of angels? If it is any recomended companions that won't be eaten?

Ps, when angelfish pair off is it always one of each gender? :)

That's soo annoying, Im upgrading from a 12g to 35g to house neons, mollies, guppies, swordtail, platy, corys. I know that the angels will eat the guppies and neons, so I was thinking of put a couple angelfish and some corys in my old 12g. Guess not then :(

I wouldn't say that angels need a 3 foot long tank as much as they need taller tanks. An angel works in a 20H, or even a pair if they are the only ones in the tank. I use 20H's to breed mine.

I've heard of instances where 2 female angels paired off and mated, obviously to no avail, but short of venting I don't know how they would know for sure. It's not something I've run into myself but I always keep several angels together and let them pair naturally.

So, if I put the guppies and neons in the 12g,would angels eat: swordies,mollies, platys,cories,blackskirt tetras?

Nope, maybe their fry, but not them. THe blackskirts may be nippy towards them, but that would be the only possible problem I could see.

If I got juvenile angels could I keep them with te neons and guppies? Would they see them as friends, if they grew up with them?

Back
Top Bottom