Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey again I've got my tank (10)g down to 2 Corys and one guppy I'm wanting to get maybe4 neons and I'm looking at other species any suggestions. My tank is fully cycled.

Thanx in advance

You need at least 4 corys, and 6 neons. They need a school. Pygmy is the only cory you should have in 10 gallon. So how about 4 pygmy corys and 6 neons, 1 guppy and then maybe just some small species of shrimps or snails.

Hello,

What type of cories do you have? Cories (Besides the pygmy) need at least a 20 gallon tank to thrive in (In My Opinion, a 10 gallons footprint is just way too small for these active little fish). Also, cories need at least a school of 4 or more anyway. I would recommend you get rid of the cories or rehome them to a bigger tank.

Personally, I think you should do 6 Neon tetra and Add another Guppy or so (Add the same gender of guppy. That way you won't have to deal with fry).

Hello,

What type of cories do you have? Cories (Besides the pygmy) need at least a 20 gallon tank to thrive in (In My Opinion, a 10 gallons footprint is just way too small for these active little fish). Also, cories need at least a school of 4 or more anyway. I would recommend you get rid of the cories or rehome them to a bigger tank.

Personally, I think you should do 6 Neon tetra and Add another Guppy or so (Add the same gender of guppy. That way you won't have to deal with fry)

Hey again I've got my tank (10)g down to 2 Corys and one guppy I'm wanting to get maybe4 neons and I'm looking at other species any suggestions. My tank is fully cycled.

Thanx in advance

None. If these are the bronze/albino cories you still have I would rehome them to a 20 gallon ASAP. I would also bump your school of neons to six, and leave it at that, because the neons will need the rest of the tank to themselves if you want to keep them in there long term.

+1^ on EVERYTHING said so far

except i personally wouldn't do any type of schoolers in a 10G except green neons or micro fish as those are smaller than 1"

schoolers need room and it seems cruel(sort of) to put them in a tiny tank with hardly any "schooling" or swimming space

Shane l said:
I rehomed my bronze albino and peppered Coreys I have pygmys know an I alway wanted an algae eater are there any that will thrive in a 10g

Some nice snails:)

It really all depends, shane.

Nerites Snails - They do not eat plants
Some, but most pond snails do not eat plants
Apple Snails - It really depends on the species
Malaysian Trumpet Snails - Nope

The only snails that I figure that could go in the aquarium would be Nerites, Pond or MTS.

Back
Top Bottom