stocking 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshNate97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i currently have the fifteen gallon stocked with 5 zebra danios and 5 white cloud m minnows. 3 java loaches, a dwarf gourami, and a few ghost shrimp and small snails. the light is only 15 watts and ive got about 6 plants. i soon shall selling this tank to upgrade to a 20 gallon long, which will have a coralife 2x24 watt light with 6700k daylight bulbs. i would like to end up having (under atachments). i will use 2 bags of Flourite Dark as substrate, and use two aqueon quietflow 20's for filtration. does anyone have any comments questions or concerns? every comment is appreciated, and thank you.
moz-screenshot.png

Attached Thumbnails

user_online.gif

:ermm:

Attachments

• AquStockImage.php.png
    AquStockImage.php.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 52
Hello. Its nice to hear you are upgradiing your tank. :) The only things I have to say are that adf do not always do well in community tanks because it can be hard for them to get enough food. Some people have luck with it, some don't. Up to you.
I suggest only getting like 3 otos to start with. They do best in well-established tanks, so wait a bit to add them. If you start with 3, you can see how they do and then consider adding more if you want to. :)

Ok, ill just do three otos. Also, in your opinion, am i fully stocked or do i have a little room? I was thinking of bringing the schooling fish up to six per group. Or i could add another gourami or rainbowfish. I hear that sometimes planted tanks can handle a higher bioload. P.s. I think i will try the adf's. I have had much luck with them.

I think that upping the schools to 6 would be fine. I wouldn't add another gourami though because they can be territorial and you are getting a bit full anyway.
Yes, planted tanks can handle a bit more bioload, but even if you planted the tank, its still getting pretty full.

Back
Top Bottom