Stocking 20 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadyFish04

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, I am going to stock my tank soon once the nitrogen cycle is complete. It is a 20 gallon freshwater, any suggestions on fish? I want it to be a community tank, and easy beginner fish for now. My plan is to get 4 cory catfish and neon tetras, any other suggestions? I do not want to over stock the tank but i want a variety of fish. Any help is appreciated :)

I would go with 6 Cory cats and maybe 10~ neon tetras then maybe a couple dwarf gourami, that could be pretty

I just searched up the dwarf gourami, they are beautiful fish. I hope my local fish store has them, thank you for the suggestion

If you want neon tetras I might just go with about 10 neon tetras and 10 black neon tetras. It'd give you different colors and a little different body shape while making a nice big shoal.

I think that would look nice, I don't want too many schooling fish though. I was originally going to get neon tetras, albino catfish, and a few mollies but i figured that the mollies would eat the tetras

I don't know about mollies eating tetras, I've never heard of that before. Both guppies and platys are pretty, come in tons of colors, and are not schooling fish. Just make sure to get males OR females, or you will be quickly overrun.

I read somewhere that mollies tend to attack fish smaller than them, I could be wrong. Ill check out platys though thank you :) Im not a huge fan of guppies, seems like everyone loves them haha

That could be true, my molly that I have is super small, and pretty friendly. I've had my platy for a year with no issues.

I'm not a big fan of guppies either, but they are pretty popular. Glad I'm not the only one. [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom