Stocking 200 litre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wayne1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, I've just finished cycling my 200 litre tank and would appreciate as many ideas as possible for creating a peaceful but lively community tank. I'm a bit of a novice so you guys ideas would be greatly appreciated. More the merrier
Cheers guys

I just got a bunch of guppy/endler crosses that they were selling at petsmart. I adore them. So active. They are all over the tank but prefer being near the top. It's an underutilized space so I would consider them!

Cool thanks :) I really wanted to keep some angels but I've been looking into them a bit more and they don't really seem like they're good for a community tank,

I've never had them...they sure are pretty.

I shied away for the same reason, I wanted peaceful and I kept reading about them chomping down on small tetras... Didn't seem very nice. I like my neons but I had to get 15 of them and still they didn't come out of the plants until I added the guppies who apparently convinced them they were safe. My glolights are pretty if I could ever see them...they think they are bottom dwellers.

I think my favorite fish are the otos. I started with 3 but I haven't seen more than one at a time in a while so I think I must have lost the other two. (Evidence doesn't last long when you have a ton of tetras and shrimp) I wonder if I didn't have enough algae to support them all. In a tank your size though I bet you could support 3 of them. I have a planted tank and between them and the nerite snail I pretty much never have to clean algae. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom