Stocking 20g aquaponics tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaphia1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am creating this system with the intention of making it a community 20g. It will have more than adequate filtration with a HOB filter and a sponge filter as well as well. Also there will be a power head pumping water the the "grow bed" every 15 min.

This tank is over filtered and an aquaponics tank. From what I've heard you can "overstock" a tank of fish with this kind of set up.

Potential stocking list:

6 neon tetra
6 rummy nose tetra
10 celestial pearl danio
And a few ghost shrimp

What do you think?
Comments? Suggestions?

I would do a school a panda cory cats, just to have something on the bottom, and not just 22 mid level fish.

I thought about that. Do you think as an additional 2-4 maybe 6 fish? Or instead one of the other schools?

Drop the 6 neons and do cory hasbrosus.
Stay small and very active. I feel 20g might be too small for even pandas with the other stock

Ya, of course you could do pygmy cories instead,they are adorable, but pandas usually max out at 1 1/2" and would be fine. Khuli loaches would work too. I dont think you would have to drop the neons. The bioload of the CPD and shrimp are miniscule and the neons and rummys have light bioloads too.

Back
Top Bottom