Stocking 30 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john_franzwa

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am getting a 30 gal soon and I need help for stocking it. Please help me. I am thinking I'm probably gonna put some neon tetras in there but I need some more ideas btw it's gonna be a planted tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I am getting a 30 gal soon and I need help for stocking it. Please help me. I am thinking I'm probably gonna put some neon tetras in there but I need some more ideas btw it's gonna be a planted tank.

1 bristlenose pleco
6 panda corydoras
2 pearl gouramis
6 tiger barbs

a small shoal of cory catfish are always nice, neon tetra as well I plan to add some to my 36 gallon. Gourami are nice I have 3 Imperials. I wouldnt recommend a regular pleco just because they are messy, I have a whiptail pleco though and its not too much waste.

Kuhli loaches are fun in a big group
cherry shrimp are always nice too

but overall its all about what you like!

Have fun!

8 cardinal tetras, 15 corydoras pygmaeus, 1 pair Apistograma CAC and call it good. Really nice calm and interesting tank and you will get some breeding from the apistos if you give them time and clean water. (y)

8 cardinal tetras, 15 corydoras pygmaeus, 1 pair Apistograma CAC and call it good. Really nice calm and interesting tank and you will get some breeding from the apistos if you give them time and clean water. (y)

Love this idea!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you all very much

mollies and platys are awesome to peaceful and a variety of colors also Harlequin rasboras all can live with corys, neon's, plecos. and they can be any cory cat you want pandas can be expensive so but they are worth it but corys all are hardy and peacefull

My new favorite is rummynose tetras... They are awesome but need a group of 5 or more to be happy. Also love my otos because they clean really well. Good luck!

1 bristlenose pleco

6 panda corydoras

2 pearl gouramis

6 tiger barbs

Only 1 gourami in a tank this size. Unless the tank was very heavily planted to have established territories then there would undoubtedly be aggression issues between the gourami eventually. Only time to have more than 1 is a very large tank or a breeding pair.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Neons are great little fish but I'd advise letting the tank run for a little bit and balance out. They are not really considered a "fragile" fish but it is quite possible to get a bad batch of them. Don't be surprised if a few die for no reason.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Glowlight Tetras are often hardier than Neons. 10
Or
Harlequin Rasboras and Cherry Barbs are a striking combo instead of Tetras also. 6 & 6

Corydoras of course 6+ depending on adult size
Otos 6

Honey Gourami 1

Apisto 1-2

Lots of plants
Crypts of course

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom