Stocking 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyspot1000

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,

Currently in my 30 gallon aquarium is:

8 neon tetra
3 albino corydora
2 male cherry barbs
2 female platies
1 male guppy
1 bristlenose pleco
1 apistogramma agassizi (Male)
5 amano shrimp

I am planning on adding up to the schools of fish and , What do you all think about this stock:

8 neon tetra
6-8 albino cory
6-8 cherry barbs
2 female platies
1 male guppy
1 bristlenose pleco
1 apistogramma agassizi (Male)
5 amano shrimp.

Is this a good stock? Is the new plan going to overstock the tank?

I would say get rid of the cherry barbs, and you will have a good stocking list. Barbs can be aggressive, and like to be in large schools (10+). You could add another type of tetra instead.

--Adeeb

I would say get rid of the cherry barbs, and you will have a good stocking list. Barbs can be aggressive, and like to be in large schools (10+). You could add another type of tetra instead.

--Adeeb

Just because it has barb in the name doesn't mean it's agressive. Cherry barbs are pretty friendly actually.

Edit:

Seems like a lot...but I notoriously under stock. I'd say only 5 or 6 cherry barbs should be it.

Do you all like my stock plan? Should I get 8 each of the cherries and corys or 6 each

--Adeeb

I know you were thinking about tiger barbs... but one must do research before getting tetras. Some are nippier than tiger barbs.

I dont know why you would want barbs? They are schooling fish you should at least have 10 or more not 2.

They might look good in the setup but they are unpredictable. I would get more neon tetras they look great in large schools and they're bio-load is tiny.

Any pics?

Personally I'd stick with the cherry barbs over more neons or you could try pentazona/5 line barbs I had some in an old tank they are replicas of tiger barbs without the aggression

6 of each Tyspot
But kepping the water changes coming and you will be fine.
Also could you post a pic i would like to see the tank

Thanks, Im thinking 50% once a week (I already do that now)? I will get the pics as soon as I can.

I dont know why you would want barbs? They are schooling fish you should at least have 10 or more not 2.

They might look good in the setup but they are unpredictable. I would get more neon tetras they look great in large schools and they're bio-load is tiny.

Any pics?

I am adding up the schools as you can see, and First, I started out with 4 cherry barbs, not 2. The 2 that died had an inspected death, no symptoms of any disease, They just died (the pet store didnt have that best looking cherrys. )

Ive wanted to keep some cherry barbs for quite a while, but never had any room in my tank, thats why I 'wanted' the barbs ;)

Pics will be uploaded as soon as I can get back to my house :)

Back
Top Bottom