stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm probably not going to get rams, but as I asked earlier is this over stocked because aqadvisor said it is.
2 angelfish
5 albino cories
6 rummy nose tetras
1 banjo catfish

Being even 110% overstocked is not a deal breaker... You just have to really make sure you keep up on water changes.

Caleb

Then you'd be better off with the angel although I advise against rams unless it's Bolivians. Any morph of GBR are a pain to deal with- trust me. Give it a long time before you try them. What about an angel, the banjo cat, a big school of penguin tetras or rummies plus 8 ish Cories?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

So do you think that my tank would not be big enough for 2 angels?

An if they pair up an start to breed, they turn into little devils to the rest of their tank mates

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No, it's not. Even their how it works page says it isn't perfect.
It's really hard to calculate bioload, which they do. Also, their fish compatibility opinions isn't that great either.

No, it's not. Even their how it works page says it isn't perfect.
It's really hard to calculate bioload, which they do. Also, their fish compatibility opinions isn't that great either.

On a compatability basis. It does well for beginners under general circumstances. For those of us more experienced we can over look it a bit. I'll always recommend it to a beginner though because as far as common species go it is pretty good and reasonable at stocking.

It's better than the inch per gallon rule, I'll give it that. But imo, it's better to go to forums and ask questions rather than that robot.

Almost anything is better than inch per gallon lol.

Back
Top Bottom