Stocking 40g breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey was curious if I could put 3-4 more fish in my current tank. The fish I would be adding would be similar sized to the ones listed. here are the current inhabitants/filtration. Any help is appreciated!

Filter: Marineland penguin 200

Fish:
3 long finned rosy barbs
4 Panda corys
1 golden wonder killifish
4 amano shrimp
1 black racer nerite snail

I would say definitely get some more rosy barbs and cories. They like the company of there own kind, so they look best and are most interesting in large groups

You think the tank size would be fine for a few more without over crowding?

Hi mim, you are currently at around 45-50% stock on this tank if you added more say 4 more Rosy barbs you'd be at around 75% stocking but keep in mind this would mean at least 30% water change a week

Hi mim, you are currently at around 45-50% stock on this tank if you added more say 4 more Rosy barbs you'd be at around 75% stocking but keep in mind this would mean at least 30% water change a week

Awesome thanks. I have been doing 25% every week regularly. Thanks for the input!

Id recommend you research the benefits of water changes on your own. Ive changed my mentality over the years. Majority are in favor of larger pwc for good reasons.

Id recommend you research the benefits of water changes on your own. Ive changed my mentality over the years. Majority are in favor of larger pwc for good reasons.

+1 Water changes are great for the health of your tank! I'd recommend doing 50% if at all possible

Thanks for the input I'm going to look into it!

Back
Top Bottom