Stocking 46 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So Im still in the middle of working on my tank... Only a week left until I will have enough money to get my T-5 fixture/bulbs, and the heater for the tank. Once I do that, then I can start ordering plants.

The plants will be various vals, wisteria, rotala, anubias, java fern, and dwarf sag, etc... Basically a lot of low-moderate light plants that are fairly easy to take care of. This will be my first real attempt at a planted tank, so we'll see how it works out.

Fish I know I want:
Bolivian Rams (Probably two or three. Hopefully a male/two females.)
Cardinal Tetra (Im thinking probably 8)
Bristlenose Pleco (I already have two, though Im probably only going to put on in the 46 gallon)

I've been playing around with my stock list for ages now. Im looking for fish Ive never had before, and stuff that I dont see every day at work.

Suggestions?

img_1674275_0_4c79b2395e62a7858b97e34f53f9638c.jpg

Not that it has anything to do with the question I asked but the tank has been running for about two weeks now. I have an old filter cartridge from my current 55 gallon tank in the AC 70 filter on that tank. When I do water changes on my 55, I take drippings from the cartridges and add it to the tank.

Last I checked, my params were here (API Freshwater Master Kit)
Ammonia: .25
NitrAte: .5
NitrIte: 1.0

I wont be adding fish until around January.

Maybe a few smaller, peaceful cichlids that wont bother the plants. Rainbow, keyhole, apisto, Acara. You could get a few angels too, and then just some bigger tetras, and a school or corys.

The rams are kind of the center-piece fish. I was trying to figure out another good schooling fish. I just dont know what would look best with the B. Rams and Cardinal Tetras.

Im afraid to do cory cats because a lot of people have been telling me there can be aggression issues with cory cats if the rams happen to breed.

Back
Top Bottom