Stocking 75 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeeZeusWoks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any tips on what I can have for my 75 ?

I was thinking about either having

1 Black ghost knife with 3-5 clown loaches
or
1black ghost knife with 4 Angel fish
or
Flowerhorn and Jack dempsey

is there any other fish that is compatible with the BGK or any suggestions on what is suitable for my 75 gallon tank ?

Any tips on what I can have for my 75 ?

I was thinking about either having

1 Black ghost knife with 3-5 clown loaches
or
1black ghost knife with 4 Angel fish
or
Flowerhorn and Jack dempsey

is there any other fish that is compatible with the BGK or any suggestions on what is suitable for my 75 gallon tank ?

BGKs get way too big
A Flowerhorn and JD in that size tank will murder each other

Ghost knife is a definite no, I would do a angelfish/community tank. I have three tanks and my 90 gallon angel tank is my favorite.

Ghost knife is a definite no, I would do a angelfish/community tank. I have three tanks and my 90 gallon angel tank is my favorite.

i was planning just to have 1 Flowerhorn in my 75 g

what are my options with angels and what other fish are compatible with them ?

No to the BGK and Clown Loaches unless you accept you will need a bigger tank in the future.

Angelfish tank with some bottom feeders would be my suggestion.

Angels look great in tanks with schools of small tetras like neons, rummynose and cardinals. However, you have to be prepared for the occasional tetra maybe getting picked off, sometimes angels like to eat smaller fish, sometimes not. A planted tank with a small group of angels and some schooling fish looks great :)

I have 4 angels with some cherry barbs, neon tetras, and rainbows. My bottom feeders are Cory's, a lf bn pleco, and some ottos. Heavily plant to avoid any fighting between the angels and you end up with a beautiful active tank.

Back
Top Bottom