Stocking 75 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I am hoping 4 will be okay. If not I will just flush some!! hahaha totally only kidding!! :) But I am hoping they work because I dont think I will be very happy with only two angels in a tank :/ I dont want it to look too empty..

With 2 to 4 angels how many tetras could I put in there? I think I only want one kind so what kind of numbers could I do?

With 2 to 4 angels how many tetras could I put in there? I think I only want one kind so what kind of numbers could I do?

In a 75 with only 4 angels you can put a very high number of tetras, but I don't suggest it haha. Depends on what else you want in the tank and if you want different species, tetras have very small bioloads. I have 8 cardinals and 8 glow light tetras

Nope I think I only want one species. Maybe either a few otos or loaches not sure on which yet.

I am trying to figure out the filtration I want on it...any suggestions? I really want a canister filter but unfortunately I really cant afford one but I have been looking for used ones but not having too much luck. What about a DIY sump? I dont know a whole lot about sumps but I thought it might be a cheaper alternative?

Going through amazon.com can save you a ton when looking for a canister, I got my 406 for like $80 cheaper than my LFS. I think a stock list you may like would be 4 angels, otos if you want them, 10 tetras and 5 of the smaller body loaches like angelicus or striata(I love my loaches). This would give you all around tank activity but would still be simple and easy to maintain

I definitely like that stock idea. I love my otos :) I have yo yo loaches in a different tank and I love them as well! Always on the go and soo curious! And fat!! lol I found a canister filter on ebay but I have never heard/seen of it but its cheap (which worries me slightly) but has anyone ever heard or used these? Thank you! Save Fish Tank External Canister Filter 265 GPH Free Media | eBay

I am hoping to pick up the tank tomorrow! Everyone cross your fingers for me!! :) My friend that I am getting the tank from has a nice canister filter but he wants too much for it. He is trying to sell it for what he payed for unfortunately :/ I entered a contest at petco to win a really expensive filter and only like 8 other people entered although most of the tanks are bigger and much prettier looking. But hey I can wish right?! I have never won any contest so that would be pretty darn awesome if I won! haha everyone cross your fingers and toes for me!! Ok so anyways back on subject!! Anyone have any ideas on the filtration? Any input on the sump idea or a cheapish canister filter that works well?? Well I hope to hear from everyone! Thank you guys again for all the ideas and help so far!!

I am hoping to pick up the tank tomorrow! Everyone cross your fingers for me!! :) My friend that I am getting the tank from has a nice canister filter but he wants too much for it. He is trying to sell it for what he payed for unfortunately :/ I entered a contest at petco to win a really expensive filter and only like 8 other people entered although most of the tanks are bigger and much prettier looking. But hey I can wish right?! I have never won any contest so that would be pretty darn awesome if I won! haha everyone cross your fingers and toes for me!! Ok so anyways back on subject!! Anyone have any ideas on the filtration? Any input on the sump idea or a cheapish canister filter that works well?? Well I hope to hear from everyone! Thank you guys again for all the ideas and help so far!!

I don't have much knowledge about sumps, but I think making your own sump or buying one might not save you that much money. With canisters you pretty much get what you pay for, but most name brands are all good, I got my 406 for $130 and I think I remember seeing Rena/filstars for cheaper than that, sorry I'm not much help

I have five neons in my tank with three angels, and I'm adding ten more - so far they've been perfectly fine. Just depends on the temperate of the fish really.

Ok thank you! I have found a few websites and a couple videos on making sumps and a lot of them are made for around 40-60$ which would be a lot cheaper for me so I guess I will just have to keep searching and see if I can find any canisters and find out more about sumps.

Spike I didnt even think about the congo tetras!! Totally forgot about them!! Nice idea though they are very nice looking!!

Back
Top Bottom