Stocking 75gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so here is my stock ideas so far

1 black ghost knife
1green ohantom pleco
1 tire tradk eel

What should i use to fill the rest of the tank?

Could i possiky have a buffalo cichlie?

Is it bad to have cichlids with tropical fish?

The ph will be at 7

Hi there! Those three seem fine to me, and is that the Buffalo Head Cichlid? Because if so, then yeah, that'd be fine as long as you are careful. You should also probably add any cichlids last so they aren't as bad with the other fish.

As for other fish as well as that, you could get a school of silver dollars, clown loaches or bala sharks? Or maybe some Convicts and an EBJD?

I have a Bala Shark with my BGKF and they both get on really well. :)

I was looking at moving my two african banded barbs and getting a school of them

And also my school of 7 checkered barba

Would the bgk make a snack out of the barbs?

They're only about 1.5 inches even at full size

Ohh, those will look GREAT! And well, my BGKF doesn't really try to eat anything, and i've got smaller fish like Rosy Tetras and Swordtails in there. So my first opinion would be no, you'd be okay to add them. However, my BGKF is not full size yet and it's going to be with bigger fish only by the time it reaches full size, so there may be a chance that when they get bigger they are a lot more aggressive.

For those reasons and the fact that I don't have any barbs, i'm going to suggest that you wait for someone else who has both a BGKF and Barbs who may know how to answer your question more fully. :)

Back
Top Bottom