Stocking 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loachy dance

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im planning on aquiring a 90 gallon tank. It has no fish yet. This would be fresh water, probably. Water is medium to hard. It could be harder, but i dont want to make it softer. Im also looking for fish that dont need live food.
Yeah, im asking for alot maybe. Anyway, just looking for interesting combos that wont kill each other:rolleyes:
No 90 neons :D

Hmm... You could get some Brevis Shelldwellers, Swordtails, Dojo Loaches, and Mollies. With rockwork and some places to chill, that would be a pretty epic tank.

1st Group 10 Cherry Barbs/Harlequin Rasboras

2nd Group 10 Sterba's Cory's

3rd Group 12-15 Cardinal Tetras/Rummynose Tetras

4th Group 10 Emperor Tetras/Serpae Tetras/Diamond Tetras/Phantom Tetras

5th Group 1-3 Pearl Gouramis/Silver Dollars/Angelfish

6th Group 4-6 Glass Catfish/Algae Eating Shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmm... You could get some Brevis Shelldwellers, Swordtails, Dojo Loaches, and Mollies. With rockwork and some places to chill, that would be a pretty epic tank.

Weird combo, but kind of interesting.... Definitely thinking about it. Ive never had shell dwellers. Would the loaches harass them?

Hmm... In hind sight, it is possible that the loaches will harass them. It is kinda iffy, but it is best to air on the side of caution.

Another stocking list:

Brevis Shelldwellers
Bosemani Rainbows
Celebes Rainbows
Mollies
Nerite Snails
Several Cherry Shrimp

Another nice but weird set up. The shrimp and snails may need supplementing however.

Decent size for a number of African cichlids. Malawi peacocks or mbuna or Victorian Hap's would be more colorful, Tanganykian fish are generally more interesting for behavior.

Rainbow tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Mbuna are tough to beat for color and activity, brackish options are much more limited. Would have to cycle from scratch, FW or SW can be seeded with a bit of filter media to start stocking. (Unless you happen to know someone with an established brackish setup, but they're not very common IME.)

Some angelfish would look nice if you add hardy plants like vallisnaria or saggiteria.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Aspreviously mentioned water is med to hard so angels are probably out.
It wold def be more initial work to get a brack tank started

Back
Top Bottom