Stocking a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylvr11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon tank with some Amani shrimp and ghost shrimp. Any ideas what type of fish to add?

It stays about 78 F. I'm open to any suggestions but would prefer fish that can live harmoniously with my shrimp.

How about 3 male endlers and 8 Ember tetras / Hyphessobrycon amandae? Would be a fun and colorful assortment. Could maybe up to 9 or 10 Embers. The Endlers will go everywhere.

How about 3 male endlers and 8 Ember tetras / Hyphessobrycon amandae? Would be a fun and colorful assortment. Could maybe up to 9 or 10 Embers. The Endlers will go everywhere.

That would most likely overstock the tank with the shrimp he already has in there.

Is aq advisor trustworthy? If it is it says my stocking level will be fine with my shrimps and those fish.

You will get mixed opinions on AQ Advisor. I do trust them because they are a little conservative, and you need to be. You don't want to max out a tank. Have you ever seen a tank and thought "Wow that is way too many fish. They are bumping into each other." Less overstocking means less pressure on your filter, which means cleaner water, which means happier fish, which means brighter colors for you to enjoy.

It shows I would be 79% stocked. I have two amano and 5 ghost shrimp(all male).

Depends of the quality you want. They can range from $5 to $75 for the Endlers. But for a good middle of the road fish, Wetspot Tropical has a good selection.

Okay just another question sorry. I am thinking of changing to seachem flourite and I know what I have to do but will the copper in the flourite harm my shrimp?

Okay just another question sorry. I am thinking of changing to seachem flourite and I know what I have to do but will the copper in the fluorite harm my shrimp?

Seachem Fluorite does not have copper that I know of. I breed Blue Dream Cherries in a tank with Seachem Fluorite Black Sand. Remember though with flourite you still need to add your nutrients to be absorbed by the fluorite because it starts fairly inert, but very absorbent of nutrients.

IMG_0448.jpg saw this and was concerned but if your shrimp do fine I'm sure mine will as well.

Back
Top Bottom