stocking a 155 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettywolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK so the stock right now is 1 Angelfish, 1 Congo tetra(upping that school to 6), 1 bn pleco, 4 rainbow fish, 6 Cory cats, 1 glass catfish (haven't been able to catch him and take him back), 1 cactus pleco, and 7 swordtails.

I was thinking of upping the Congo's to 12-15, upping the rainbows to 8, and then I wanted to add some Kuhli Loaches and some Cardinal Tetra's and possibly another small fish if there's room left over. I'm unsure how many Kuhli Loaches to add the pet store told me I could easily do 15-20 of them but I'm unsure if that would fill everything up or not if I added that many. The Cardinal Tetra's I was wanting a large school of because I think it would make the tank look good to not have all big fish but am unsure of how many I should add. Then if I still have room left after all of that what is another fish that ya'll would recommend that I could add to the tank?

prettywolf said:
OK so the stock right now is 1 Angelfish, 1 Congo tetra(upping that school to 6), 1 bn pleco, 4 rainbow fish, 6 Cory cats, 1 glass catfish (haven't been able to catch him and take him back), 1 cactus pleco, and 7 swordtails.

I was thinking of upping the Congo's to 12-15, upping the rainbows to 8, and then I wanted to add some Kuhli Loaches and some Cardinal Tetra's and possibly another small fish if there's room left over. I'm unsure how many Kuhli Loaches to add the pet store told me I could easily do 15-20 of them but I'm unsure if that would fill everything up or not if I added that many. The Cardinal Tetra's I was wanting a large school of because I think it would make the tank look good to not have all big fish but am unsure of how many I should add. Then if I still have room left after all of that what is another fish that ya'll would recommend that I could add to the tank?

Definitly upp the congo tetra school and ya another school of 6-10 would look cool. You could probably fit in a few cool bottom feeders that get big like syno cats or large eels, but that doesnt appeal to everyone. Have you thought about discus? Very cool fish and you could get a couple in a 150. Just some ideass

I like the idea of the loaches. Ur Angel may have different thoughts about the card tetras.

The Angel is still small right now only a couple inches in length and the cardinals would still be to big to fit in his mouth so I kind of figured that if he grew up with them he wouldn't think of them as snacks.

I didn't think I could have an eel with the other bottom feeders because it would possibly eat them or at least that's what the people at the store said.

Depends what bottom feeders. Kuhulis, ya the eel might think its a nice tasty bloodworm, but unless you have pygamy cories an eel wont mess with it. Actually i take back my eel suggestion, get a rope fish ;)

A big school of Neon's is cool (maybe about 15). Maybe a paired set of GBR's or Bolivians (or both). We also have a bunch of gourami's. Mostly females with one or two (max) males. This is in my 150 gal. I think we have around 45 fish.

I love the way rope fish look I'de consider that if I could be 100 percent sure it wouldn't try to munch on any of the fish.

phoenixkiller said:
Fire eel. All the way. AWESOMENESS!!!!!!
phoenixkiller

Hahahaha yes eel fans here! I would be ok with any eel though ;) or rope fish i guess. I think they are safe because they have tiny heads and mouths

Back
Top Bottom