Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Stocking a 20G

Hi all.
I will have 2 cycled 20G planted tanks running soon and will have a larger tank cycling for a big Comet i can't let go of (4 foot tank that needs an end replaced). I was planning on stocking one 20G with Threadfin Rainbows, Spotted Blue eyes and if possible some Kuhli loaches. If Kuhli's won't work in that community tank i'll maybe use the second 20G just as a KL tank.

So the issue i have right now is that where i plan to order my TR's and SBE's will only sell 10 of each in an order. I do have a spare 20G sitting empty, but nothing except some gravel to go with it. Add some sensible numbers please for spreading these fish out safely.

Possibly spread between 3x20G tanks but preferably over 2 for now.
Threadfin Rainbows # 10
Spotted Blue Eyes # 10
Kuhli Loaches (If they would be an option as part of these community tanks) # ?? (prefer to have 6 so they aren't as shy)
Possibly shrimp as a cleaning crew.

If Kuhli's won't work then i will stick with just TR's and SBE and set up the last 20 i have for the loaches. My tanks are heavily planted.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan79 View Post
Hi all.
I will have 2 cycled 20G planted tanks running soon and will have a larger tank cycling for a big Comet i can't let go of (4 foot tank that needs an end replaced). I was planning on stocking one 20G with Threadfin Rainbows, Spotted Blue eyes and if possible some Kuhli loaches. If Kuhli's won't work in that community tank i'll maybe use the second 20G just as a KL tank.

So the issue i have right now is that where i plan to order my TR's and SBE's will only sell 10 of each in an order. I do have a spare 20G sitting empty, but nothing except some gravel to go with it. Add some sensible numbers please for spreading these fish out safely.

Possibly spread between 3x20G tanks but preferably over 2 for now.
Threadfin Rainbows # 10
Spotted Blue Eyes # 10
Kuhli Loaches (If they would be an option as part of these community tanks) # ?? (prefer to have 6 so they aren't as shy)
Possibly shrimp as a cleaning crew.

If Kuhli's won't work then i will stick with just TR's and SBE and set up the last 20 i have for the loaches. My tanks are heavily planted.
As far as bioload in a heavily planted tank 10 of
each would fit in one 20 g. As far as swimming space I am not quiet as certain. I would recomend 15 rainbows in one 15 in the other but odd numbers wont work in your situation. I would get 20 kuhlis as they are very shy IME.
10 rainbows and 20 kuhlis would be fine in each tank.

Tags
stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com