Stocking a new 55gallon tank after cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freak45

Aquarium Advice Regular
Soo I got 8 glo fish in my other tank and I'm thinking of getting more fish when my 55 is cycled I was wondering what I should get....and I learn my lesson about common plecos lol just wondering what else I could stock my tank with..I do want to do a planted tank.. Just some ideas would be nice

I guess it is tough to suggest something without knowing what you like to have. May be folks here already know you but i am new :)

What do you like? schools of fish or live bearers, etc? That might help in getting some ideas.

Right now I have 8. Glo fish and was thinking of adding some Corey's as well..I like the school of fish with some color

Right now I have 8. Glo fish and was thinking of adding some Corey's as well..I like the school of fish with some color

It is a 55gal and you like small schooling fish and hence plenty of options I guess.

For the top, some Danios would be cool. Giant Danios or zebras.

For the middle, some peaceful tetras to go along with your glofish would be nice. Like bleeding heart tetra, red eye tetra, serpae tetra, congo tetra, etc. You can actually choose 2 or 3 of these and buy 6 of each. 6 congo, 6 bleeding heart and 6 serpae.

For the bottom, get some cory. Panda and pygmy stay under 1 inch and they look lovely. You do have to buy 5 of each though.

Just my opinion.

Yes I think I'll do that. I saw a 5 gallon was huge so I might move to a 40 gallon for my apartment..idk if I wanna do sand though

I am too lazy to keep up with sand. You have to be on top of things all the time. The dirt, poop all stay on top of the sand bed and unless you follow a strict regiment, the tank would look bad.

I have three tanks now and I started out with Cichlids but I couldn't stand their aggession towards each other. I ended up going with Rainbow fish for two of the tanks and I am so pleased with their color, personality, and the fact they don't fight all the time, that I am defintely adding Rainbow fish for the third tank. Different varities include: Boesemani, Sepik, Yellow (Lake Tebera or Axelrod), Parkinsoni, Bleher's, Turquoise, Millenium and many others. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Back
Top Bottom