Stocking advice for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
The day has finally come. Ever since I joined this forum I have wanted a 30 gallon. Now it is finally here! The catch with my stocking is that I already have fish and plants. I have 1 ten gallon and five gallon. I haven't restocked them knowing I am getting this tank. This is the current stock
10; 3 ADF (African Dwarf Frogs), 1 Male betta, 1 Zebra Danio
5; 2 White Cloud Mountain Minnows, 1 Sunset Platy
So yes I know bettas don't like fast moving fish, especially danio, but I have had this betta (Zeta) for a year since he was a baby. I actually got him from hrutan back in December. As soon as I got him, he has lived with Zebra Danio all his life and hasn't had a problem. He also lived with Platy, Swordtail, Oto, Corycats, Loaches, and of course ADFs. I love this little bugger. So I am not afraid of compatibility. I just am curious of how to stock the tank. I don't want more than one school, but I don't know which fish to pick. and then do I just keep the latter until it passes? Also since I have ADF I was worried the tank was too high for them to get air. I will be having driftwood and stuff, but I was thinking maybe of doing a sloping sandbed? I also have lucky bamboo (but it is a good 2 ft tall). Another thing, could I add a Ram with a betta? Or a rainbow shark? I was thinking this
30;
5x panda cory
1x betta
1x sunset platy
2x oto
3x ADF
5x Danio/Cloud Minnows
and what else? Thanks?

If the betta and danio get along I'd say go for it. Personally I wouldn't add more danios though since they might get nippy with the betta. Betta, single danio, school of white clouds, platy, otos, cories.

Not sure if you have experience with otos or not but they really should go in an established tank.

I wouldn't do the ADFs in a 30g. Not just because of the water depth but I think ensuring that they eat would be difficult, especially in a community.

They do actually. So that's good. As to the feeding, I hand feed them all so they know :). And finally to the otos.i was going to add them last

Back
Top Bottom