Stocking advice for a 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my 29g tank I've got...

6 Harlequin Rasboras
2 Cherry Barbs

Talk about colorful. Wow! I didn't think I'd like Rasboras after awhile because they're so simple, but I love them. The cherry barbs get along great with the others. Simple, yet colorful and lively tank!

Good luck!

Ok. I couldn't to my water change last night. So if I do it know and my levels are ok can I add fish tonight or would I have to wait till tomorrow?

I'd make sure for 36-48 hours your levels are stable. That's a rule I normally go by when I'm at the end of a cycle. However, I had a cycle stall and resumed with a fish-in cycle to jump start it. But, back to your question, add fish tomorrow. If you added some tonight, its not a huge deal. Watch your parameters closely at the beginning. And as I'm sure you know, don't add all your fish at once. Start slow.

Ok. Attached is 4 of the 7 rummy nose tetras and my tank. I got one the tetras the other day(with more color) and the rest of them today. They were out of neons and only had the one left of the rummy nose so I figured I could make it comfy. And tomorrow I think I'm gettin cardinal tetras. I know pet smart isn't the best place to get fish but cardinals are only $1! So that will be my second school. Will they get their color back soon? And if they do I will post picks.

Attachments

• image-4191168866.jpg
    image-4191168866.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3959670926.jpg
    image-3959670926.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 38
Wow. In the tank for less than 3 hours and their color is showing up nicely, all schooling together, and eating a little! I couldn't ask for more! I love my new fishies!

Attachments

• image-1431558060.jpg
    image-1431558060.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom