Stocking advice - too many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leikela

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've recently started a nano fish tank which I love but because they're so small I'm not sure whether I'm overstocked or not? It's a 75L (20G) tank with a Fluval 2+ filter.

Stock list:
6 x corydoras pygmaeus
4 x corydoras habrusos (need to get these to six but they're bizarrely hard to get hold of here)
7 kubotai rasboras
7 galaxy rasboras

To me that sounds like a lot but given their size it's hard to work out if it's too many. None have reached adult size yet and I have a 100L cycling currently so could move some over once that's all finished?

I do see any problems with that. Your tank should do well. They are little fish, should be a fun tank.

I have.

2 angel fish
1 gourmai
6 yoyo loaches
6 platys
2 Mollies
2 glo fish
1 albino algae eater
7 zerba snails

There housed in a 55gallon with lots of plants. My water is always really good. Alot of the fish are new within 1 month. Wondering when they all grow up. I know the angel fish can become the size of a hamburger, but i'll move tanks before that happens.

Thanks Keith

Last edited:
The first tank is fine. The CPDs may breed but that's just $$$ in the pocket if you are willing to go through the trouble of mailing.

Second tank is fine as well. You may get away with maybe some small schooling fish too. I'd say you're perfectly stocked though.

Crepe said:
The first tank is fine. The CPDs may breed but that's just $$$ in the pocket if you are willing to go through the trouble of mailing.

I'm confused... CPDs? I'm usually good at figuring acronyms out!

I guess I'm confused because there was no mention of CPDs in the posts!

Ickletas said:
CPD and Galaxy Rasbora are the same fish :D

Really?!?! They label them as separate species in my LFS, I had no idea! o_O

Back
Top Bottom