stocking all my tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they dont take good care of them i have ick gaurd on hand at all times

And can I have a 15 gallon as a rosey red minnow
Or rose red feeder minnow

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And I have a nice betta in ten gallons what can I put iin

In a ten with a betta, Pygmy cories. Nothing else really. In the 15, rosey reds would be fine depending on the footprint.

Emerald76

Tall tanks are hard to stock. A small school would be okay not much else.

Emerald76

ok what can go in i was thinking maybe a goldfish to grow out for the big guy pond

and i need a way to keep my pond and a 29 gallon aqarium below 72 normal hear in the house for water temp for aqarium is 76-82

Chillers cost 500 not 50. They are noisy too - your running an engine measured in horsepower....

Freshwater setups do not need chillers because the fish are capable of adapting. Chillers are for SW applications where the organisms cannot adapt to warmer water.

sorry ment 500 lol
any way what can i use to get it coler for my goldfish

If you do more than superficial research you'll find that most people who actually keep goldfish don't keep them in cold water. Its mostly the people who don't keep them that say they need cold water. In fact, many use heaters to set a minimum temperature for them.

Goldfish are temperate fish, which means that they adapt to a wide range of temperatures throughout the year. Many a goldfish pond reaches 90 degrees in the summer.

If you do more than superficial research you'll find that most people who actually keep goldfish don't keep them in cold water. Its mostly the people who don't keep them that say they need cold water. In fact, many use heaters to set a minimum temperature for them.

Goldfish are temperate fish, which means that they adapt to a wide range of temperatures throughout the year. Many a goldfish pond reaches 90 degrees in the summer.

My goldfish are not in cold water and I have had the ones I have now for years :) they are great adaptors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool thanks and how do you tell male from female on goldfish

Males develop bumps around their gills and will be seen nudging at the vents of females. Hahaha they just dive right in.

thanks in my live tank lol insted of a dg can i get a pink kissing gourami

Back
Top Bottom