Stocking and equiping a 180 litre (40 gallon) tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
I have a 180 litre juwel rio and I want to move it downstairs in my house, so the population of fish has shrunk. When it is moved I would like to restock and reequip it.

I currently have
Stock
1 guppy
1 Harlequin Rasbora
1 neon tetra
1 peppered cory
1 zebra loach
1 bolivian ram

I would like to have
Stock:
1 guppy
6 harlequin rasbora
7 neon tetra
6 red phantom tetra
6 various cory
4 zebra loach
1 bolivian ram
6 otocinclus
2 honey gourami
1 royal whiptail

Do you think yhey will all do ok together and be om in my tank?

Thanks

IMO that is way too many fish for a 40 gallon tank. Plus you want 7 cory's, 5 loaches, and 2 rams that will all be using and competing for the same lower tank level space. The Whiptail cat IMO would not do well, I have 3 in a 220g and they grow at least to 6" long, have very ridged bodies that can bend when turning, and they are very poor swimmers. I'd also lose the Phantom tetras and just do the 2 honey gourami. Plus upping your schools of neons and rasboras is a good idea. As for the bottom fish I'd do 4 more cories and possibly a ram of the opposite sex you have but no more loaches even tho they like to be in groups. I have a old yo yo loach in a tank by himself and he has done fine singly for almost 2 years now.

IMO that is way too many fish for a 40 gallon tank. Plus you want 7 cory's, 5 loaches, and 2 rams that will all be using and competing for the same lower tank level space. The Whiptail cat IMO would not do well, I have 3 in a 220g and they grow at least to 6" long, have very ridged bodies that can bend when turning, and they are very poor swimmers. I'd also lose the Phantom tetras and just do the 2 honey gourami. Plus upping your schools of neons and rasboras is a good idea. As for the bottom fish I'd do 4 more cories and possibly a ram of the opposite sex you have but no more loaches even tho they like to be in groups. I have a old yo yo loach in a tank by himself and he has done fine singly for almost 2 years now.

So 5 corys??

Plus you want 7 cory's, 5 loaches, and 2 rams that will all be using and competing for the same lower tank level space. The Whiptail cat IMO would not do well, I have 3 in a 220g and they grow at least to 6" long, have very ridged bodies that can bend when turning, and they are very poor swimmers. .[/QUOTE]

No, sorry 6 corys 4 loaches and 1 ram

I'd also lose the Phantom tetras and just do the 2 honey gourami. Plus upping your schools of neons and rasboras is a good idea. One more guppy is fine as long as you keep it the same sex as the first one. Oto's are fine but do much better in a mature tank that is at least 6 months old. No on the whiptail as I explained in an earlier post.

I'd also lose the Phantom tetras and just do the 2 honey gourami. Plus upping your schools of neons and rasboras is a good idea. One more guppy is fine as long as you keep it the same sex as the first one. Oto's are fine but do much better in a mature tank that is at least 6 months old. No on the whiptail as I explained in an earlier post.

Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom