Stocking and rehoming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys. I want to possibly re-home my two male platies and 7 month old female fancy guppy. I have 5 corydrayas I want to keep. I have a 20 gallon tank. What should I restock with? Or should I just add some different fish here? It's such a lonely looking tank right now. I don't know what to do to make it fuller and give everyone some friends. I do not want breeding and I want to add shrimp for cleaning. Thanks.

I'd look at maybe a school of serpae tetras or cherry barbs. They're mid-dwelling and brightly colored and they won't mess with the cories. And neither species is livebearing or particularly messy.

A nice school of rummy nose tetras or neon tetras could also be fun. They have great personality and schooling behavior.

You have a lot of good choices, some already mentioned. Various small tetras would be great. I have a shoal of 11 neons in a 20g that can be really beautiful when they school tight. A school of rasboras would be pretty, too.

Back
Top Bottom