Stocking Bros tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K but they should be fine. I wouldn't put any other bottom swimming fish in with them. I have a 20 set up and I could see a pair in there. I don't know if it's a high or not though... What are the dimensions of the op tank?[/QUOTE

The op said the tank was a 20g high.

Hobgob said:
Um maybe some barbs or cardinal tetras... The barbs night need more swimming space though. Mine swim all over the place... Rosaboras...totally Spelt wrong but I have never had them so idk

Will they actually move in a "school"? I have zebra danios in community and they don't :/ looking into the GBR and bolivian rams. Still looking at other fish. At first he wanted Malawi tank but that would of been to small just because of the colors though.

Um barbs are more of a shoaling fish IMO. Mine will swim together and play the majority of the time but they don't always stay together. Cardinals, glowlights, neons, all school rather nice IMO

Zebra danios seem to usually move around in chaos rather than in a school. There is honestly not a guarantee that any schooling fish will actually school. Some species do it more than others (like rummies for example), but even they do not school together all the time. Just so you know. :)

fishyperson3010 said:

Haha I was close lol.

I know what angel means about how they don't school all the time. But when they do, it looks rather amazing IMO

Hobgob said:
Um barbs are more of a shoaling fish IMO. Mine will swim together and play the majority of the time but they don't always stay together. Cardinals, glowlights, neons, all school rather nice IMO

I learned my brother doesn't hate all community fish! He likes those above ^ how about kribs?

Um I say only a pair and is your tank 24 by 12 at the bottom? If so I'd say it's a go by you can't put in tank mates... They are dwarf cichlids and will get super crazy agressive when breeding. The might even kill each other. In my 35, everything gets pushed to 1/3 of the tank and the kribs get the rest.

Hobgob said:
Um I say only a pair and is your tank 24 by 12 at the bottom? If so I'd say it's a go by you can't put in tank mates... They are dwarf cichlids and will get super crazy agressive when breeding. The might even kill each other. In my 35, everything gets pushed to 1/3 of the tank and the kribs get the rest.

Ok thanks if I do just a pair. German blue ram, Egyptian mouth brooders and Bolivian ram are the top picks he likes. Wasnt 100% into kribs :/ I didn't show him all the fish but most :) wants planted tank also any bottom dwellers compatible with these? Nerite snails?

Back
Top Bottom