Stocking Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But I'm on the fence about that because I don't have the room to deal with livebearer fry. Any ideas of fish like livebearers that don't breed like livebearers is welcome! :)

I think they will all breed. Usually not many of the young survive unless you catch them early. If I was lucky enough to catch the female giving birth, I would put her in an incubator. A plastic device that kept her separate from her young so she wouldn't eat them.
I had a bad experience with guppies. They have young constantly. My tank was overcrowded.
Is there any reason that you do not want your live bearers to have babies ? The only way to do that, is to buy all males or all females.

I don't want them to have babies because it's my only tank and I'd have nowhere else to put them!:ermm:

Initially you could keep them in a bare tank with filtration & a heater. Once they get larger.................. I don't know.
Except for guppies, I never had much of a problem with that. If I you don't want a population explosion, do nothing. Let Nature follow its course.

Pulled a 180. I am cycling my 30 gallon. I've decided to start smaller.
I like schooling fish. ( zebras for the surface, neon tetras of mid range & corries for the bottom.
I like gourmais, platies, guppies ( males only ) Betta
I don't want to overstock, but I want it to look alive.
All colours, shapes & sizes
Most of all, compatible.
Suggestions ?

I'd like a larger fish in my 30 gallon community tank. One that would stand out. One who'd get along with others. I realize I am really limited. Large fish & 30 gallon don't exactly go together. I'm just asking, what is the largest, small, fish I can have ? :)

After suggestions on here when I was looking for something to 'trim' my guppy fry down but wouldn't eat everyone I got a Keyhole cichlid. They're mellow enough for a community but don't get huge. I also have a 30g, mine has guppies, a BN, a clown plec and khuli loaches plus the little keyhole.

I will be adding my fish soon. Are 5 corries & 4 Amano shrimp, over kill ? Will there be enough food for all of them, in my 30 gallon ?

Thanks

After suggestions on here when I was looking for something to 'trim' my guppy fry down but wouldn't eat everyone I got a Keyhole cichlid. They're mellow enough for a community but don't get huge. I also have a 30g, mine has guppies, a BN, a clown plec and khuli loaches plus the little keyhole.

Thanks for the suggestion.
There is not a large inventory where I live. I haven't been able to find the keyhole.
Is there something more common that would serve as a focal point in my tank ?
I like blue gouramais, but have been told they would have my tetras for lunch.
An angel is another favourite of mine, but it is also fond of tetras & would soon outgrow my aquarium.
A peaceful fish for a fresh water community tank.:confused:

Larger than a guppy & smaller than an Oscar. :):fish2:
That leaves the field wide open.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks. :fish1:

I've heard pro's & con's. I'd like to have a blue gouramais in my 30 gallon as a show fish. There are also neon tetras in this tank & 2 dwarf gouramais.
One person said, go for it. Another said no.
What do you think ? If no, what would you suggest instead ?

In my 30, I have 10 zebras 1 bristlenose, 1 dwarf gouramais & 4 corries. I want to add 1 blue gouramais an angel & a sword. Any comments? Any compatibility problems ?

I have 2 questions.
I have a community tank. I'd like to put 1 larger peaceful fish into the mix. Any suggestions ?
Secondly, how many neon tetras are needed to make a good looking school ?

I have 2 questions.
I have a community tank. I'd like to put 1 larger peaceful fish into the mix. Any suggestions ?
Secondly, how many neon tetras are needed to make a good looking school ?

I have 10 last time, and i was like "oh look mom, they are like neon lights)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom