Stocking for a 25 gallon!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 25 gallon, hmmmm for one of them you could do an amazon biotope. You could add a pair of german blue rams, 4 lemon tetras, and 5 some corydoras catfish.
For the second, you could do a livebearer tank with a few guppies, platies, and one molly. you could also add a bristlenose catfish.

if i could do my own 25 i would do super planted with a large school of harlequin rasboras and school of panda cories
kinda lame but i like to keep it simple

That would be beautiful! add lots of hair grass! Oh and instead of rasboras, do rummynose tetras!

Are there any particular species that you're interested in? We can base our suggestions on them.

It's definitely gonna be planted :)
Hmm well I have neon tetras right now I'll probably throw in all kinds of tetras in one
The second hmm I wanna have something out of the ordinary but idk what I havent had a tank this large for freshwater

What about a tank with hamster tubes in it? I found this design in the book Aquarium Style: imaginative ideas for creating dream homes for fish-Chris William. It's a pretty awesome tank, and the book has a wole lot other awsome ideas. You should check it out!

It's definitely gonna be planted :)
Hmm well I have neon tetras right now I'll probably throw in all kinds of tetras in one
The second hmm I wanna have something out of the ordinary but idk what I havent had a tank this large for freshwater

You could do some kind of killifish. I find them fairly unique! Blind Tetras are pretty awesome as well! My aunt had one for years in a small bowl that she had gotten from her work that they had for years. It was a cool little fish! Shellies (an african cichlid) would be another cool idea! You could try some native fish! Go look online at some native fish around you, but make sure you can identify them and go through all regulations to acquire them! A wild kind of betta would be cool looking as well! Go look around online for a few things, I love looking on AquaBid.com to see what people are selling, I find it very fun, plus it takes a bit to buy it unlike "window" shopping at pet stores;)

FishGeek97 said:
What about a tank with hamster tubes in it? I found this design in the book Aquarium Style: imaginative ideas for creating dream homes for fish-Chris William. It's a pretty awesome tank, and the book has a wole lot other awsome ideas. You should check it out!

Sounds interesting I'll look into it :)

AquaKai said:
You could do some kind of killifish. I find them fairly unique! Blind Tetras are pretty awesome as well! My aunt had one for years in a small bowl that she had gotten from her work that they had for years. It was a cool little fish! Shellies (an african cichlid) would be another cool idea! You could try some native fish! Go look online at some native fish around you, but make sure you can identify them and go through all regulations to acquire them! A wild kind of betta would be cool looking as well! Go look around online for a few things, I love looking on AquaBid.com to see what people are selling, I find it very fun, plus it takes a bit to buy it unlike "window" shopping at pet stores;)

The killifish look awesome :)
And blind tetras sound very interesting I've seen them at the lfs
Chichlids that's where I get a bit lost with all the species and their how aggressive they could be
Native species not sure I live by the cheasapeke bay theirs a lot of laws
Bettas are good too
I'll look into that site thanks!

I love large schools of one or two species of Tetras or similar. I used to have 10 Neons and 10 Glowlights. I liked the contrast of the bright blue stripe and the bright red stripe. You get more interesting behaviors when you have larger groups. Plus it's visually cool.

A mishmash of tetras may get aggressive. If they don't feel safe they may hide more or fight.
Not all Tetras are nice. Some are very nippy.

I love a nice group of Cories also.

My Threadfin Rainbows are pretty nice also.
I keep them with Celestial Pearl Danios. My male CPDs look like they are glowing, they are shyer, but do come out front.

Coursair said:
Blind Cave Tetras are Semi Aggressive. They also grow to almost 5". Recommended tank size is 30g or more.

Oh yeah that's right I saw them at the Baltimore aquarium and they were rather large
Well first I hope I score those 2 25 gallon tanks and I'll have time to plan and research

Back
Top Bottom