Stocking for a 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok tank upgrade! New 50 gal. So it's all cycled it's been cycled off of my 1 year old BB filter media. Everything is ok! So now i just have to stock the rest of my tank. Here is my plans.

Here is what I already have in it from my previous tank.

-1 red tailed shark
-1 one BN pleco
-5 albino Cory's
-1 Cory (I don't know what kind. He is only 3")
-1platy (male, soon to be gone)
- 3 black Kuli louches
-3 upside down catfish
-8 shortfin zebra danios
-5 mystery snails.

Ok now I want to get a good size school of mix and match barbs.
Someone said albino and tiger are awesome together so that are my main two

So about 12 of those.
Now I also need some algae eaters. Two at the most. Because my pleco is just getting plain lazy. He isn't used to up keeping a 50 gallon. So I'm thinking. Plecostomus, African feather fish, or something.

I also want to up my schools over time on my danios. I'm thinking around twenty once fully stocked.

Albino corys I want to fill up to ten if possible
As for up-sidown catfish and the kulis I'll only up them if I have room. How does this all sound?

It looks like you've got a lot going on there already. You have 14 bottom dwellers already so I wouldn't add any more. Watch your RTS and cories very closely. My RTS actually killed 2 cories by causing internal injuries while ramming into them. As for the danios and barbs I'm not sure if they would get along. I certainly wouldn't be adding 12. Maybe 6. After that IMO your fully stocked.

Back
Top Bottom