stocking for a 55gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, lol, i ran the idea past my mom and she says that idf this tank is going to be out of my room it has to have something that she will enjoy in it. So now i am back to the drawing board. She said she would like a buch of "pretty fish". She loves angles just like me. Anybody have any other good ideas. LOL

WaterPond said:
She said she would like a buch of "pretty fish".
sounds like my wife, the 28 gal in the living room on public display is "her tank" unofficially, she just get input and i'm whipped so she usually gets what she wants as long as it is appropriate :D

ok pretty fish.... well i too am an angel fan...so if it were me and i wanted to center the tank around angels...(like my 75 gal is) i would start out with 4 young angels (with it in mind that if/when they form a pair) two may need to find a new home...

i would add some small schooling fish like neons/cardinals tetra or maybe zebra danios

maybe some livebeares, i have seen some really colorful swordtails (don't ever have much luck with them myself)

i am a big dwarf cichlid fan so Sams or Apistos

some dwarf pleco are nice in my opinion (though my opinion of pretty may vary from your moms :) )

and of cource some corys

that would by a nice community tank and IMO very "pretty"

i made up a plan of what I would like. LOL, and of fish that I find pretty. It consists of

3-scissortail rasboras
2-german blushing angels
2-bolivian rams
6-rummynose tetras
1-honey dwarf gourami
3-marble hatchetfish
1-yoyo loach(should they be kept in groups)
1-clown pleco

I did the math ant all of thiese fish's adult lengths turn out to be 49.5" all together. I think that will be nice and "pretty" don't you?

WaterPond said:
i made up a plan of what I would like. LOL, and of fish that I find pretty. It consists of

3-scissortail rasboras
2-german blushing angels
2-bolivian rams
6-rummynose tetras
1-honey dwarf gourami
3-marble hatchetfish
1-yoyo loach(should they be kept in groups)
1-clown pleco

I did the math ant all of thiese fish's adult lengths turn out to be 49.5" all together. I think that will be nice and "pretty" don't you?
i am not sure about the loach needing to be in groups, as far as i know they don't.

other then that, it all sounds to to me :)

WaterPond said:
SWEET! lol, now expect pictures of the tank in january 2007, lol. How long do you think it will take to cycle this thing?
well if you use some media from one of you other tanks it should be fair fast

i am not sure about the loach needing to be in groups, as far as i know they don't.

My yoyos love to interact with each other. I had 3 and lost one. The remaining didn't see as active, until I got them a 3rd buddy again. I'd suggest a group of three. I've had mine almost a year now, and I consider them almost full grown, in at just under 5 inches. So you'll have plenty of room for 3 of them in your 55gal.

i've decided to skip on the loaches and the smaller tetras.
now i am just going with

3-scissortail rasboras
2-german blushing angels
2-bolivian rams
1-honey dwarf gourami
3-marble hatchetfish
1-clown pleco

for a total of about 43" I am still thinking up other ideas for schooling fish. Any ideas? I like rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom