Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a few fish that I want to have in my 40 but I'm not sure if they're compatible. So, here's what I want

GBR
angelfish
Kribensis
(not sure if those 3 are compatible)
4 or 5 cories
Some smaller schooling fish, maybe some harlequins?

My main concern is the top three, can they live together?

EDIT: Just realized people call kribensis kribs. Lol

I have a few fish that I want to have in my 40 but I'm not sure if they're compatible. So, here's what I want

GBR
angelfish
Kribensis
(not sure if those 3 are compatible)
4 or 5 cories
Some smaller schooling fish, maybe some harlequins?

My main concern is the top three, can they live together?
Nope. GBR and angels are fine. I wouldn't mix kribs with either of those species, especially in a 40 gallon.

absolutangel04 said:
Nope. GBR and angels are fine. I wouldn't mix kribs with either of those species, especially in a 40 gallon.

Are there any peaceful dwarf cichlids I can mix instead of the kribs, like an apisto? Sorry if these are stupid questions lol

Are there any peaceful dwarf cichlids I can mix instead of the kribs, like an apisto? Sorry if these are stupid questions lol
No biggee. :) Nobody could ever know everything about all fish. ;)
The rams are cichlids and they do well in communities. You could get a pair of blue rams and a pair of gold rams and still have an angels. Yep, apistos work too. Keyhole cichlids are another choice. They are not actually dwarves, but they stay small and are fairly peaceful. Golden dwarf cichlids can maybe work too, but I would not get them and the rams.

Could I get only one GBR and one apisto with the angel? Or just forget the apisto and get a pair if GBRs

I'll have to drop one of them since itsa 40 gallon. I guess I'll just go with one GBR and one angel, then the cories and harlequins.

absolutangel04 said:
Lol, my bad! But, they should all be fine a 40 gallon too. :)

Lol, I'll sleep on it and see what I'm gonna do.

Are rams or apistos really as hard to take care of as everyone says?

Bolivians are more hardy than germans, but it sort of depends on the fish. Some people just buy them and toss them in and have no troubles. Other people see the ram as the bane of their fish-keeping experience. They certainly canbe sensitive. I am not sure about the apistos, but I have Bolivians and they are reasonably hardy.

absolutangel04 said:
Bolivians are more hardy than germans, but it sort of depends on the fish. Some people just buy them and toss them in and have no troubles. Other people see the ram as the bane of their fish-keeping experience. They certainly canbe sensitive. I am not sure about the apistos, but I have Bolivians and they are reasonably hardy.

Maybe Bolivian is the way to go for me since ive never kept rams. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom