Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooo! I just got mine, it seems so tiny! Super cool. What does yours like to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They only get to like the size of a computer mouse. I'd be more afraid of the 15 inch bichir you're going to have eating it.

If he were to go with a pikehead it would have to be L. pulcher not aura and even then it's would be a crapshoot with the bichir.

The bichir only gets to 8in. The ornate and other ones get big

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Senegals hit 20"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If he were to go with a pikehead it would have to be L. pulcher not aura and even then it's would be a crapshoot with the bichir.

Senegals hit 20"

I'll go ahead and take responsibility for that one.....

I'm just judging that by a few that a friend owns, it looks like the web is all over the board with the max length. I found sizes from 8-27 inches lol.

That's what really confused me. I had seen and knew about those massive reports but most people said they're around the 8"-12" mark. Glad to hear it wasn't just me not putting something together however!

Senegals hit 20"

I would be shocked if a senegalus hit 20"... Anyway I believe my current stock is ok… anyone have ideas on a fish u could add

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I would be shocked if a senegalus hit 20"... Anyway I believe my current stock is ok… anyone have ideas on a fish u could add

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I was thinking that maybe an orange spotted sunfish could hold it's own with the ctenopoma and bichir, but it would definitely cause a problem for the bolivian.

I've never seen a 20" one and even though this person claims they have it's not a common size and was either a freak or wild caught. I have seen more than a few that were 12-14" and no adult ones that were less than 10" so I'm not sure where the 8" max comes from.

But also remember, his bichir is an albino and the albinos tend to stay on the smaller side of the maximum sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Why don't we put a bichir in a 120 gallon tank and see how big it grows...

I've never seen a 20" one and even though this person claims they have it's not a common size and was either a freak or wild caught. I have seen more than a few that were 12-14" and no adult ones that were less than 10" so I'm not sure where the 8" max comes from.

But also remember, his bichir is an albino and the albinos tend to stay on the smaller side of the maximum sizes.

That's very true I do have an ALBINO bichir. My guy already started to grow at a much slower rate and he is only 4 1/2 inches.. I don't know why we are arguing about this? Aqadvisor said it is fine and so do a lot of other people on here

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

That's what I'm thinking... The sunfish you suggested.? Is that a wild fish ?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Normally it is wild depending on where you're located, but I'm sure one of the NANFA members breeds them so it might be worth checking their forums.

Normally it is wild depending on where you're located, but I'm sure one of the NANFA members breeds them so it might be worth checking their forums.

I live in new jersey and I fish BIG Time so I was if the particular sunfish was wild as I've never caught them or heard of them... Would a gourami work with my stock?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I live in new jersey and I fish BIG Time so I was if the particular sunfish was wild as I've never caught them or heard of them... Would a gourami work with my stock?

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

I'm not sure about a gourami, we'll leave that for someone that keeps them to answer.

I'm not sure about a gourami, we'll leave that for someone that keeps them to answer.

Ok thanks for all the help gillie really appreciate it!!

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom