Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jfran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is my current setup:

40 gal 300 gph filtering
4 hornwort
1 anubias
1 melon sword
5 Firemouth juvies (yet to pair, if they do 3 will be rehomed)
5 tiger barbs
5 Kuhli loaches
1 zebra danio
1 mystery snail

My question is this: which should I add more of first, kuhlis or tigers? because I know both do better the larger the group and I have been told and do believe so myself (I am not just a blind follower of advice) that my tank can hold more fish.

I am inclined to say tigers because they will be less aggressive...

Opinions welcome.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Anyone?

Zebra danios are schooling fish and need a school of at least 6. The loaches do well in even larger schools like 8, tiger barbs usually do better in bigger schools as well so they spread out their aggression within the group more.:)Alison

Thanks for the reply!

I know that they all do better in larger groups I just wanted to know which I should up in size first.

As for the danio, he is ancient. I got danios with my first 10 gal and only put more in 2x or 3x so he could be from the first batch. Either way he is at least 5 years old!

Really, having any danios much less 6 would be inappropriate for this set up (hence why I only have one) seeing that they are more peaceful and have long fins. The one I do have is pretty much a TB at this point and is the king of the upper strata. He even chases barbs away sometimes.

I plan on upping the loach size soonish and I might then put a few more barbs but as of right now everybody seems happy so I want to be sure that I am at equilibrium before I add anything else.

Back
Top Bottom