Stocking help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbush

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need advice on what to do with my new 56 gallon column tank. I just recently upgraded from a 20 gallon. I think it is almost cycled because my nitrate readings have risen to 30 (almost red). Ammonia has been steady at .25 and nitrites 0. It has been up and running w fish (1 pleco, 1 syno cat, 1 white skirt tetra, and 1 slightly damaged angel fish) for 2 1/2 weeks. I moved my old filter and 3 scoops of gravel from my old tank. So anyway, I was wondering what fish I could / should add (if any) once the cycle is complete. I was thinking about some hatchets, dwarf gouramis, more tetras, or maybe some new / smaller angels. I am a little concerned about my angel fish, as he was rescued from a tank where he was almost bullied to death. He seems to be fine now, but only has one eye, a hurt fin, and still doesn't swim straight. Oh did I mention that he recently recovered from hole in the head? So, if you got all that, what do you think about adding any new fish? Thanks in advance for your input.

Back
Top Bottom