stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman3

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK I just bought a 29 gallon tank last night and I may need some help stocking it
in my 15 gal tank I have
2 rainbow fish
1 bn pleco
2 serape tetras
1 neon tetra
so any ideas?

Are you upgrading everything in the 15 to the 29? If so I would increase to at least six of each of the tetras. What type of rainbow? If it is a neon dwarf praecox I would increase them to 4-6 as well. I would also add another bottom feeder, either six cories or a trio of a small species of loach.

This assumes you do enough water changes to keep the nitrate below 20ppm before a water change.

Well I don't know about him, but if it was me with two tanks, I would die if I didn't have both set up. LOL

fishman3;1530945]um I think there lake tebera rainbow fish[/QUOTE]

Melanotaenia Herbertaxelrodi They will be about 4-5" TL and about 2-2.5" tall when mature. They have different nutritional needs than your other fish and also a different temperature requirement. Just a thought.

They are fine in normal tropical temps and depending on what is being fed do not require a different food.

Would a german blue ram do go in this tank with the pleco?
Yes. I also agree that you should fill out your schools of tetras. You could put your current stock in the 29 gallon, fill out your schools, add the ram, and then re-stock the 15 gallon. YOu could also split our stock between the tanks by moving everybody to the 29 gallon and leaving the neon in the 15, then filling out the schools and filing in with more compatable fish.:) Do you know yet if you want them both running?

I just want to keep the 29 gallon tank running and have the 15 gallon as a hospital tank
Thats a good idea.:) I still think the best thing to do would be to fill out your schools. The serpaes and neons should be in schools of 6. You could also still add a ram if you would like. Or, you can re-home your tetras and get different stock.

Just find out that I put neon tetra instead of a glofish
so this is what I have
2 rainbow fish
1 bn pleco
2 serape tetras
1 glofish
SO any ideas

Yes, filling out your schools so you have 6 serpaes and 6 glofish. I do not know much about your rainbows, so I don't know if they should be in a bigger group or if they are fine.

Back
Top Bottom