Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hrafnkel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright. >.> I know I said I'd decided for sure, last time, but I got some other ideas after researching other stuff I saw in Lubbock. I've got two lists...

6 Bloodfin Tetras
6 Zebra Danios
6 Tiger Barbs
5 Cories
1 Dojo Loach (moving out in spring, we're getting a pond. :))
1 Blood Parrot Cichlid
3-4 Upside-down Catfish or Yo-Yo Loaches (maybe)

Or:

6 Bloodfin tetras
6 Tiger Barbs
5 Cories
1 Dojo Loach (same as before, moving out when the pond is ready)
1 Blood Parrot Cichlid
1 Peacock Eel
1 African Brown Knife Fish

I'm kind of leaning towards list two. The bloodfins could potentially get eaten, but I don't think that would be much of an issue with hiding places and the larger fish being fed well... I already have a few of them, so I can't take them off the list, and it seems like the knife/eel wouldn't be any more likely to eat them than the Parrot would be, and they're decent sized little tetras. Which do ya'll recommend?

Also, can I get an accurate max size on a peacock eel? I can find all sorts of stuff about them but I don't think I've heard how big they get, just what size tanks they can go in. Was also sort of wondering if there's any way to squeeze a pair or trio of upside-down cats into that second group.. Maybe removing one cory from the list?

I think the knife would outgrow the tank. Don't they get pretty big, I'm thinking they get to about 10-12 inches. You would be fine if you are planning to trade it back in or move it to another tank.

Won't the eel and knife eat the fish if they're small enough to fit in their mouth? I personally wouldn't risk it, I would go with the 1st option.

The tetras should be the only ones at any potential risk, and they're fairly big... I'm not really worried about anyone getting eaten, just about whether or not the big fish would be aggressive towards one another.

Back
Top Bottom