Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBDragon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK, well looking at more pics in the books this may be what we'll try to get in the next couple of months...

50G - 5-7 Xiphophorus Maculatus (Platies), 2 Poecillia Latipina (Dalmatian Mollies), Hypostomus Plecostomus (Pleco), 10-12 Paracheirodon Innesi (Neon) or Paracheirodon Axelrodi (Cardinal Tetras)

20G - Pair of Pterophyllum Scalare (Angels), 3 Pangio Kuhli (Kuhli Loachs)

12G - Pair of Apistogramma Cactnoides (Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid)

10G - Pair of Pelvicachromis Pulcher (Kribensis), 2 Kryptopterus Bicirrhus (Glass Cats), 2-3 Melanotaenia Boesmani (Boeseman's Rainbows)

10G - Elec. Blue Crayfish pair, 2 White Skirt Tetras, Trichogaster Leeri (Pearl Gourami), Trichogaster Trichopterus (Opaline Gourami)

10G - Plant Tank - 2 Microgeophagus Ramirezi (Blue German Rams), 3-5 Hyphessobrycon Serpae (Serpae Tetras)

10G - a few Black Pangio Kuhli (Kuhli Loachs), 2-4 Puntius Migrofasciatus (Black Ruby Barbs), 2-4 Barbus Tetrazona (Green Tiger Barbs)

Thoughts? We have 4 kids, so we'd like a variety of pretty fish to get them interested. Our 7 year old can tell you all about the Nitrogen cycle! LOL

The Elec. Blue's might enjoy those fish, I'm sure they're tastey.. I wouldn't keep any fish with a crayfish, esp. fancy finned since it's more for them to grab.

The kuhli's really need a sand substrate, mine hate my substrate and the only saving item is the wood that I have.

Consider when stocking the tank, what's the grown size of the fish, the bottom 10G will be heavily loaded if they all grow up, some of the other tanks (Glass cat tank) might also get too large.

Back
Top Bottom