Stocking ideas for 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MermaidGurl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone! So I have a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium with 2 peppered corydoras and 1 male guppy. I was wondering what type of fish you guys would suggest that I could add in with them. Thanks, I appreciate all the feedback! :)

You should add 2 more corys and then a female betta, watch it though because that might be pushing it almost, so do your water changes religiously! otherwise i think you should be good, if you rehomed the guppy it could be cleaner but its up to you! lets see some pictures!

You should add 2 more corys and then a female betta, watch it though because that might be pushing it almost, so do your water changes religiously! otherwise i think you should be good, if you rehomed the guppy it could be cleaner but its up to you! lets see some pictures!

Thanks, I haven't had much success with female bettas (all the ones I choose turn out to be aggressive cannibals). Do you mean pictures of my tank or the fish?

Thanks, I haven't had much success with female bettas (all the ones I choose turn out to be aggressive cannibals). Do you mean pictures of my tank or the fish?
of the tank and fish! And oh well if not a female betta then maybe a dwarf gourami but you would probably want to get rid of the guppy so the stocking isn't to insane. Id personally get the female betta however!

A sparkling gourami would be a better option. Some endlers live bearers would be nice too.

I have two 10 gallon freshwater tanks both planted.
First one has:
3x emerald eye rasbora
3x pink danios
1x electric blue ram
Second one has:
3x neon tetra
3x harlequin rasbora
1x gold ram
I was going to go with dwarf gourami, but instantly loved the rams!

I would not put a ram in a 10 gallon. I've hear of people doing it but personally, I would not think my ram (which is in a 20 gallon) would do well in such a small tank. I have a Betta in one of my 10 gallons and in the other I have a guppy and two Endler's Livebarers. I had a dwarf gourami in it but it sadly died and may or may not have had DGW so I'm not sure I can put another in there. I think a sparkling gourami would work I your tank though.

A dwarf gourami
5 neon tetras
A couple hatchet fish
That would look really nicee

Unless you can find rare Pygmy Hatchet fish, Carnegiella myersi, Hatchets aren't suitable for a 10g.

You could do a Dwarf or Honey Gourami. I prefer Honey or Sunset Honey as they tend to be quite peaceful, not always, but most of the time. Then you could do a nice group of colorful Endler males and one more peppered cory and you'd have a nice active colorful tank.

I'll probably post pics of the fish later today. I really appreciate the ideas you guys! If you have anymore suggestions, just reply to this thread! Thanks :)

I picked up 2 white clouds for my 10 gallon, And they're doing great. They seem to be a little skittish as its only 2 of them. However im going to pick up more tommorow as I hear their better with few more.

Back
Top Bottom