Stocking ideas for 29 gallon planted GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danios can handle a wide variety of water stats and temperatures. They're the freshwater version of damsels. I have over a dozen in my tank (pearls, zebras, leopards and panthers, mostly longfins). And I have four female rams. They get along great. If I were to do it again, I'd forego the pearls - they're about twice as big as the rest of the danios and they're gluttonous bastiges. One will try stuffing 3-4 cichlid pellets in their gullet at once.

This is what I have in my 65g tank:
16-17 danios
7 gourami (two male, five female)
4 rams (all female)
18 neon tetras
5 serbai corys / 4 green corys

Danios can handle a wide variety of water stats and temperatures. They're the freshwater version of damsels. I have over a dozen in my tank (pearls, zebras, leopards and panthers, mostly longfins). And I have four female rams. They get along great. If I were to do it again, I'd forego the pearls - they're about twice as big as the rest of the danios and they're gluttonous bastiges. One will try stuffing 3-4 cichlid pellets in their gullet at once.

16-17 danios
4 rams (all female)
18 neon tetras

Oh I'm sorry, I don't have danios in my tank and was using AqAdvisor to check.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

It's no problem I like my stocking without them(:)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

16-17 danios
4 rams (all female)
18 neon tetras

Wow that sounds like a beautiful tank(:) would cory cats eat my GBR eggs?

A 45+ gallon sponge filter cycled its huge I know its at least 45 don't remember to what though I've had it a long time
1 pair of GBR
1 pair of gouramis
10 cardinal tetras
4 swordtails 1male 3female
And then probably a BN pleco
I'm not sure if I could have any bottoms dwellers?

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah some Cory cats might work but idk if they eat the GBR eggs:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I'll have to look into it

Thanks for all your help!

I hope so any advice on a cheap light I could use for my plants until I can save up for a medium light?

Not sure on eating gbr eggs. I wouldn't want anything else in a tank with fry, except protective parents where applicable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure on eating gbr eggs. I wouldn't want anything else in a tank with fry, except protective parents where applicable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok well I won't worry about breeding for now if some fry make it great if not oh well. I'll get my tank set up and running and then if I want to breed them still I'll find somewhere else to put them by themselves:)

Just so you know the GBRs or the danios will not live as long of a life if the water is cooler or hotter. GBRs do not do good long term and by long term I mean about a year. Danios will also have a shortened lifespan in warm water as it speeds up their metabolism causing the to "age" faster. Just my 2 cents:flowers:

Just so you know the GBRs or the danios will not live as long of a life if the water is cooler or hotter. GBRs do not do good long term and by long term I mean about a year. Danios will also have a shortened lifespan in warm water as it speeds up their metabolism causing the to "age" faster. Just my 2 cents:flowers:

Ok good to know I won't add the danios thank you:)

Any suggestions on a light?

Back
Top Bottom