Stocking ideas for "gift" tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sure will. I think I'm gonna call it the Gawdy Tank. Haha

Well at least they mean well! My boyfriend loves the cheesy decor too, so when he comes home with something he knows it will go into the tank at his moms house and not any of mine.
Although I did have a little desert in my ten gal with the sunken jeep and tank, a camo cave and some regular colored aquarium sand. It wasn't awful, but needless to say it's gone now haha.

If you don't like it, don't use it.. People can't force you too use it.. I'm all about nature tanks myself and I just detest ornaments put in tanks.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

I at least have to set it up for awhile so they can see it. But we're definitely going to have a discussion before Christmas next year!

Seems really nice of them, I would just roll with it and use the decorations. Plus the fish may actually like it. You could hide them around the back and make the rest natural lava rock and a dark piece of driftwood. If I were you, I'd also go with 5 Khuli Loaches, and a large school of Harlequins. That would be really cool. Just what I would do.

Nils

I've actually got 5 kuhlis being shipped to me on Monday, so they're a lock. Might make for some interesting pics once it's all done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421073915.615500.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421073933.876317.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421073958.761847.jpg

Here it is! Went with the cave tetras. Maybe my new favorite! Got a school of 6 right now. I'm giving the shark, cories, and Pleco to a friend of mine tomorrow so I can make room for more of the tetras.

Hey hey, glad to see an update! Looking good, that volcano is actually really cool looking.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It really is. I didn't think it would be, but when I turn the red LEDs on at night, it does look pretty cool.

Yeah, they're in there. They're really small and aren't coming out during the day yet. The shark is a menace to everyone else so I'm hoping once I move him out tomorrow they'll start coming out more.

Yay, I'm so jealous! I had kuhlis years ago, one of my favorite fish! Simple don't have a tank for them now.

They'll probably be more active once settled in for a bit and after the shark is gone.

I sure hope so. They certainly are a neat looking little fish. I've heard that they're really comical to watch so I can't wait for them to get settled in.

Yup, once I had kuhli's I have never had a tank without them! Small bioload, cleans the bottom, friendly to other fish and very funny after a water change (they go nuts).

Sent per three-eyed raven..

That's awesome. When I fed the other fish an hour ago, they stuck their heads out like they were trying to muster up the courage to come out. Hopefully they will tomorrow!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421188270.214752.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421188281.328443.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421188295.961921.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421188306.229769.jpg

Here's the best I could do. The little boogers never sit still!

Back
Top Bottom